The first ISTE SIG-IS Webinar of the 2013-14 season, a discussion of the Summer Reading selection, Invent to Learn will be held on Tuesday, October 1st at 1:00 p.m. PDT/4:00 p.m. EDT.
Please join us as Gary Stager and Sylvia Martinez talk why the maker movement is essential and what you can do to become a part of it. RSVP at:
This webinar will be an exchange of questions and discussion points rather than a straight presentation, so please come prepared to participate. We will have an attendee chat set-up where you can type/send questions or comments to the group and you will also have the ability to verbally join the discussion. If you chose to use your microphone during the presentation, please use these guidelines to ensure clear audio:
1) Use a headset/mic, not the internal PC microphone or mic built into a web camera
2) A direct internet connection is strongly encouraged; wireless connections may cause problems with your ability to transmit audio.
3) Close email/IM and any programs NOT being used for the presentation.
4) When you first enter the webinar room, you will want to run through the Audio Set-up Wizard (in the upper left-hand corner under the ISTE label) to test your microphone and speakers, test location silence settings and reduce echo. To do this, click Meeting (in the top left hand corner of the screen) then choose ‘Audio Set-up Wizard.’
5) To speak using your microphone you need to click the ‘Talk’ button (a microphone icon)in the top center of the screen. To turn off your mic, click the ‘Talk’ button again – you’ll know it is off because it will now have a line through it.
6) The first time you attempt to use your microphone a pop-up will be appear requesting access to your microphone from Adobe Connect. Click the ‘Allow’ button to continue.
We hope that you can join us.
If not, we will be recording and sharing the link to the archive. If you have questions, you can leave them in the comments on this post or email Vinnie Vrotny ([email protected]) so we can include them in this webinar.